The Precision Medicine Network (PMN) in Greece will collaborate with the Electronic Governance of Social Security (e-GSS) in order to create interoperability mechanisms between the Medical Order Delegation Information System (MODIS), which is being developed in the context of the PMN, and the Information systems of the e-GSS. More specifically:
1. MODIS will be interconnected with the electronic services of the Social Security Register so that labs and other PMN service centers can be notified whether a test will be covered by a Healthcare Provider.
2. MODIS will be interconnected with the e-Identification Service of the National e-Prescription System created by e-GSS, so that medical professionals can login using already existing credentials, without the need to create a new credentials pool.
3. MODIS will be interconnected with the Personal Patient Folder Information System (PPFIS) created by e-GSS in order to allow its users to access the data in it (with specific access rights granted to these users) and also to allow the data produced as results of analyses of the PMN to be integrated in the PPFIS, in order to improve the quality of services offered to people by medical professionals.
The collaboration activities of the partnership include the development of databases and collaborations regarding areas of common interest, as well as the exchange of scientific personnel for studies, lectures, educational seminars, tutelage and research in general.
The Precision Medicine Network (PMN) in Greece will collaborate with GRNET in order to accomplish the following:
1. Use of the GRNET’s computational resources for the execution of the PMN’s bioinformatics workflows.
2. Use of the GRNET’s storage infrastructure in order to store files produced by the execution of the PMN’s bioinformatics workflows.
3. Use of the GRNET’s storage infrastructure in order to install and store the PMN’s bioinformatics workflows.
GRNET will provide a specialized web service for the interconnection of Precision Medicine Units (PMUs), which will be developed on the GRNET’s core network and will use both existing and new infrastructures. Additionally, the web service will use all appropriate technologies and techniques in order to guarantee the availability of the service in regard to storage and communications security.
More specifically, regarding security, GRNET in collaboration with the PMN will define every technical parameter (access protection, address allocation, etc.) in order to protect the data integrity, ensuring that access to the network will be provided only to users of certified institutions.